Please email email@example.com or call 212.227.2044 x404.
Prime Line (through distributor resellers)
Built NY, Inc.
New York, NY 10012
If you have a press inquiry, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
^ back to top
BUILT designs fashionable and functional bags, totes, and cases that make life on the go more enjoyable. Our roots in the tradition of American industrial design guide us in the belief that form is as important as function, and color is the glue that binds them together. Drawing inspiration from the city that never sleeps, we apply color and pattern to laptop sleeves, iPad cases, wine totes, lunch bags, and more. Whenever youíre on the go, BUILT keeps you covered in style.
^ back to top
We are fully staffed at this time. Please check again for more opportunities in the future.
^ back to top
BUILTģ Intellectual Property
BUILT methodically creates its innovative and proprietary designs and aggressively pursues U.S. and International Utility Patents, Design Patents, Design Registrations, Trademarks, Shape Marks, Copyrights, and Trade Dress protection. We take our inventions and designs seriously and expect both our competition and our trade partners to do the same. BUILT vigorously enforces its patents and trademarks, and it seeks court orders stopping the sale of the infringing products, substantial monetary damages (up to three times damages when available by law), and legal fees and costs. We have some of the best I.P. enforcement available and have a global reach at all levels of the trade channel, including manufacturing, import/export, customs, distribution, and retail.
U.S. and International Utility Patents, Design Patents, and Design Registrations
BUILT patents continue to issue on a regular basis. Please contact our Legal Team for specific registration numbers for individual products and countries. BUILT has more than 250 patents and registrations covering nearly all of its products issued or in the process of being issued around the globe.
For example, our famous Two Bottle Tote is not just an internationally patented bag; it's also a registered trademark! (U.S. Reg. Trademarks: 3023095 and 3026873.) The bagís distinct and proprietary shape is trademarked by Built NY, Inc.
U.S Copyrights and Copyright Registrations
BUILT also utilizes more than 25 copyright-protected designs that it either owns exclusively or licenses.
Recent Actions and Infringement Settlements Include:
- 2009: Corkscrew manufacturer and wine accessories company (ďthe CompanyĒ) and Built NY, Inc. reach an amicable financial settlement following the commencement of trial on BUILTís lawsuit against the Company, which alleged that the Company had willfully and intentionally committed patent, trademark, and trade dress infringement of intellectual property covering BUILTís award-winning line of wine totes. The settlement coincided with the Companyís decision to abandon the market for the wine totes that were accused of infringing upon BUILTís intellectual property rights.
- 2009: Top ASI distributor pays financial settlement to Built NY, Inc. and ceases production and marketing of gaming council tote infringing BUILTís Laptop Portfolio design patent.
- 2009: U.S.-based promotional products agency and its corporate client cease importing, selling, marketing, and distributing infringing wine bottle totes. Companies execute settlement and agree to destroy remaining inventory and pay profits to BUILT.
- 2008: Finnish toy and household products subsidiary of Ä10 billion retail services company ceases production and marketing of imported Chinese knockoffs infringing BUILTís Six Pack Tote and destroys all remaining inventory.
- 2008: Australian promotional products distributor ceases import, marketing, and distribution of unauthorized copycat products infringing BUILT patents.
- 2008: Promotional products supplier based in Bangkok, Thailand and California, U.S. ceases marketing and distribution of unauthorized replicas of BUILT products.
- 2008: Canadian outdoor products company enters settlement agreement to abandon trademark that is confusingly similar to BUILTģ and agrees to cease using existing company name and mark on all products and marketing globally. Company changes to new name and mark.
- 2007: One of the largest cookware and kitchen products companies in the U.S. settles patent infringement lawsuit brought by Built NY, Inc. Company ceases selling infringing wine bottle carriers in the U.S. and pays Built NY, Inc. a cash settlement.
- 2007: Established U.S. retailer with more than 600 mall locations throughout the U.S. and Canada rejects infringing Six Pack Tote and enters license agreement to settle patent and trademark lawsuit over the purchase and resale of more than 12,000 infringing units of BUILTís Six Pack Tote.
- 2007: Publicly traded $5+ billion U.S. beverage company enters agreement to settle patent and trademark lawsuit over unauthorized use of company's logo on 8,000 infringing units of BUILT's Six Pack Tote.
- 2007: U.S. distributor enters into royalty and distribution agreement, settling a lawsuit over the purchase and resale of more than 15,000 infringing units of BUILTís Six Pack Tote.
- 2007: U.S.-based drugstore chain enters cash settlement agreement over thousands of imported Chinese knockoffs infringing BUILTís One Bottle Tote. Retailer recalls bags from more than 3,000 U.S. store locations and agrees to destroy large inventory of unsold infringing bags.
OTHER ACTIONS AND SETTLEMENTS:
- Chinese trading firm distributing infringing bags to United States and Canadian retailers settles lawsuit and disgorges all profits to Built NY, Inc.
- Washington, USA-based manufacturer, importer, and distributor of kitchen tools, cookware, and bakeware ceases sale of infringing wine bottle carriers and agrees to destroy all inventory.
- Western Australia-based 25-store discount chain cancels rollout plans for infringing baby bottle bags and wine bottle totes sourced from China and removes line from all stores.
- U.S.-based S&P 100 financial services and media company delivers 11,000 unauthorized and infringing promotional bottle tote products to Built NY, Inc. for destruction and assists with identification and pursuit of knockoff's source.
- Kowloon, Hong Kong-based products manufacturer pays Built NY, Inc. cash damages to settle infringement of the BUILT One Bottle Tote, Two Bottle Tote, Six Pack Tote, and Lunch Tote and ceases production and marketing of the line.
- Large northern/mid-coast California-based manufacturer and distributor of barware and wine accessories settles patent infringement and trade dress lawsuit brought by BUILT. Company pays Built NY, Inc. a cash settlement, agrees to destroy inventory, and ceases selling infringing wine bottle carriers.
- Yonkers, New York-headquartered giftware company and manufacturer, wholesaler, and distributor of travel accessories, exercise accessories, and wine accessories signs favorable settlement agreement over infringing wine totes, ceases production and marketing of totes, and agrees to destroy inventory.
- United Kingdom-based neoprene baby bib company concedes intellectual property dispute and acknowledges BUILTís baby bib I.P. rights in English, E.U., and U.S. markets.
- Hong Kong-based promotional products company and bag manufacturer settles out of court for infringing two of BUILTís bottle tote designs; infringer ceases production and pays cash damages.
- Lawsuit brought and favorably settled against "the world's largest supplier of promotional products," an Indianapolis, Indiana-based company operating in the U.S., China, and Canada, for producing unauthorized replicas of BUILT products. Infringing company required to pay substantial ongoing licensing fees and acknowledge intellectual property rights.
- Lawsuit filed against infringing New York-based wine accessory and glassware manufacturer. Infringer promptly settles and abandons market.
- Major Northeast U.S.-based supermarket chain pulls infringing goods off shelves.
- Settlement agreement and check received from leading U.S. foam product manufacturer, which abandons market per settlement.
- Settlement agreement and check received from infringing Pacific Northwest-based U.S. kitchen gadget company.
- Preliminary injunction in Germany against infringing Taiwan-based wine accessories manufacturer and distributor; goods banned from Frankfurt-based trade show and Built NY, Inc. awarded legal costs.
- Fifty-store retail chain in Denmark promptly ceases and desists selling infringing copy bag.
On The Brighter Side
Our award-winning in-house design team works and partners with some of the top companies in the world to develop and co-promote innovative products and solutions. Please contact us if your company has a partnering opportunity. ©2012 Built NY, Inc. All rights reserved.
^ back to top